The Lakeshore Chinooks
Get Hooked! The Lakeshore Chinooks are a proud member of the Northwoods League, a summerbaseball league for college players. Each season, the Chinooks will play 35 home games and 35 away games from late May through mid-August. The Chinooks players, some of the best college players in the country, come from all over the U.S. The Chinooks home field is Kapco Park, on the campus of Concordia University in Mequon.
- The Chinooks have the support of Major League Baseball executives including the Commissioner, Bud Selig, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Brewers, Doug Melvin, and several key members of the Scouting and Player Development Staff of the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The Chinooks home field, Kapco Park, has a synthetic turf field which will allow the team more consistent playing conditions throughout the summer months.
- Chinooks players live with “Host Families” throughout the season who will welcome the players into their homes, providing them with a room to stay, some meals, and fan support.
- Players will have use of the workout facilities at Concordia which allows them to maintain their fitness regimen.
- The Lakeshore Chinooks is run like a professional organization with the best coaching possible, allowing the players and fans to enjoy their summer experience.